Development lot in a community or precinct scheme or a neighbourhood lot may be converted to association property by the registration of an Instrument of conversion form 21CE (PDF 560 KB). See Registrar Generals Directions for Dealings. The lot must be free from mortgages, charges, covenant charges, leases and caveats. The instrument of conversion must also be supported by the lodgment of a plan. The plan must include:
- Replacement sheets for the schedule of unit entitlement.
- Replacement sheets for the association property plan.
- Additional sheets for the detail plan.
The plan must consist of additional sheets for the Detail Plan, replacement sheets for the Association Property plan and be accompanied by administration sheets including:
- A replacement schedule of unit entitlement.
- The unit entitlement column for the converted lot should contain the words Converted to Lot 1.
- The unit entitlements of the remaining lots must be apportioned in accordance with schedule 6 clause 2 Community Land Development Act 1989.
- The sheet upon which the schedule appears should also contain an update note as in Approved form 8 (PDF 8 KB). This form should be completed by inserting the date of registration of the plan which provided the previous schedule.
- A completed certificate in Approved form 22 (PDF 56 KB) indicating the association agrees to the schedule of unit entitlements.
- A completed certificate in Approved form 21 (PDF 59 KB) indicating the passing of a unanimous resolution consenting to the conversion.
- An execution by the registered proprietor of the lot to be converted.
- A completed certificate in Approved form 20 (PDF 58 KB) indicating the approval of the consent authority to the conversion.
The additional sheet for the detail plan must be prepared on Plan form 2 (PDF 36 KB). The plan may be compiled unless the Registrar General requires a plan of survey. The plan must provide complete dimension for the new boundaries of lot 1.
The replacement sheet for the association must be prepared on Plan form 2 (PDF 36 KB). The plan must be compiled and show the new boundaries of lot 1.
The plans which are lodged to accompany an instrument of conversion will attract a fee based upon the number of drawing sheets lodged.