Development lot in a community or precinct scheme may be severed from the scheme by the registration of an Instrument of severance form 21CIS (PDF 655 KB). See Registrar Generals Directions for Land dealings.
The instrument of severance for a lot in a community plan must be supported by the lodgment of a replacement sheet for the schedule of unit entitlement.
The instrument of severance for a lot in a precinct plan must be supported by the lodgment of a replacement sheet for the schedule of unit entitlements for the subject plan.
Schedule of unit entitlement
Replacement sheets for the schedules of unit entitlement will be prepared on plan administration sheets and will be lodged without any drawing sheets to the plans
In the case of a community plan or a precinct plan which contains a revised schedule:
- The unit entitlement column for the severed lot should contain the words Severed Lot.
- The total unit entitlements for the scheme should be reduced by the value of the severed lot.
- The sheet upon which the schedule appears should also contain an update note as in Approved form 8 (PDF 8 KB). This form should be completed by inserting the date of registration of the plan which provided the previous schedule.
- A completed certificate in Approved form 22 (PDF 56 KB) indicating the association agrees to the schedule of unit entitlements.
- A completed certificate in Approved form 21 (PDF 59 KB) indicating the passing of a unanimous resolution consenting to the severance.
- An execution by the registered proprietor of the lot to be severed.
- A completed certificate in Approved form 20 (PDF 58 KB) indicating the approval of the consent authority to the severance.
In the case of a precinct plan which contains an initial schedule the entitlements will not be derived as above but must be supported by a certificate from a qualified valuer in Approved form 9 (PDF 155 KB). The value must be based upon the date of the original valuers certificate for the schedule.
If the lot is being severed from a precinct plan replacement sheets must also be prepared and lodged for the community plan of which it forms part. This schedule must be supported by a certificate from a qualified valuer in Approved form 9 (PDF 155 KB). The value must be based upon the date of the original valuer's certificate for the schedule.
The administration sheets which are lodged to accompany an instrument of conversion will be lodged as a replacement sheet and attract a single fee.
Easements must be created for any access or services to the severed lot which will be required as a result of the severance. These easements may burden or benefit the severed lot or the schemes.