ADIS Code - G
The General Frame field, ie code "G", is used where:
- a document does not have its own category (unique code)
- a document, except for a conveyance, extends beyond a unique category, eg a power of attorney including a revocation
- a document affecting another unregistered document
- a document affecting Crown land
- the fields of the appropriate unique category are restricted and do not allow relevant information to be indexed, eg a Principal Deed entry cannot be made using code "SD" for a statutory declaration affecting a registered document or
- the fields of the appropriate unique category are mandatory but are restricted to a particular type of entry, eg a conveyance affecting Crown land will not have a Link Conveyance in the form of a Book and No.
A Noting is always required to describe the deed or document.
Only the Vendor field is mandatory, all other fields are optional.
Some transactions requiring entry in the General Frame are included under separate headings in this manual, eg:
- Mortgage of Shares
- Power of Attorney including Revocation
- Notice of Death
- Proposed Acquisition
- Conservation/Property Agreement.
Some of the different types of conveyance have separate headings in this manual. For a conveyance containing more than one action.
A conveyance with indexing information that cannot be entered in a Conveyance Frame must be entered in the General Frame, eg a conveyance of a long term lease requires a Principal Deed entry for the lease number.
Registration does not validate an ineffective document, it merely puts the document on public record. Questions of validity and effectiveness are determined by the Court.
A document affecting land that does not have a Link Conveyance in the form of a Book and No. must be entered with a Noting: "[type of document] affecting [land description and manner of acquisition]".
Stamp duty - Required if the transaction requires marking. Refer any doubt to the Senior Examining Officer. If not marked Registration insisted upon, is prohibited.
Registration copy - Required. If unacceptable, Registration insisted upon is prohibited.
Statement of Title Particulars form - Required if Old System land is affected.
NOS form - Required if Old System land is affected.
Index Particulars form (completion)
(A) Lodging Party - Must be completed.
(B) Instrument - General Register - Deed/Instrument
(C) Locality - Required. The situation of the land if affected.
Link Conveyance - For the Old System land if affected.
Principal Deed - The affected document if registered.
(D) Indexing - The principal party or the party disposing of or burdened by the transaction.
(E) Certification - Required.
CA Required if Old System land is affected.
Date: must be dated with the date of execution. If not dated advise the lodging party. If a date is not furnished, indicate Registration insisted upon and include the reason.
Name: the full names (initials are acceptable) of the parties to the document are required. Advise the lodging party of any discrepancies in names.
Locality: required if land is affected. The situation of the land.
Land Description: required if land is affected. Old System land must be described by reference to:
- a metes and bounds description
- another registered instrument
- a plan attached
- a Government Gazette notice or
- a lot or parcel in a subdivision.
Link Conveyance: required if Old System land is affected. The last registered conveyance or acknowledgment that evidences ownership prior to Book 4000. Whole or part must be established.
Principal Deed: the registered number of the affected document, as stated in the document being lodged, must be identical to the number stated on the IPF.
A principal deed in the Alpha series (A-Z) cannot be entered in the Principal Deed field. Enter a Noting: "Principal Deed [details]". Forward the details of the subject document to the Senior Examining Officer for marking off purposes.
Execution: by the appropriate parties involved. Refer any doubt to the Senior Examining Officer. A power of attorney must be registered where the document affects land or shares.
Attestation: required. Must be witnessed by a person of 18 years of age or older who is not a party to the document.
IPF: must be completed.
Locality: required where Old System land is affected or it is considered to be important for indexing purposes. The situation of the land.
Link Conveyance: required where Old System land is affected. The last conveyance or acknowledgment prior to Book 4000. Indicate whole "W" or part "P".
Principal Deed: required where the affected document is registered.
Noting: "[appropriate description of the document]".
If Old System land is affected and:
- an interest, state: "interest in" (or Noting Code: "I"
- a share, state: "[fraction] share"
- part of the land, state: "[affected land description]"
- the land description relies on an attached plan, state: "see attached plan" (or Noting Code: "PL").
V: Mandatory. The sole party, or the party disposing of or burdened by the transaction, who has executed the document. Also see indexing details under the equivalent heading in this manual, if available. Also include deceased estates or trusts, and any variations thereof. Refer any doubt to the Senior Examining Officer.
P: required where Old System land is affected. The party acquiring or benefiting from the transaction. Also see indexing details under the equivalent heading in this manual, if available. Also include deceased estates or trusts, and any variations thereof. Refer any doubt to the Senior Examining Officer.