- if the plan creates new boundaries a subdivision certificate or an exemption may be required.
- ensure the title system of the land is correctly stated. A thorough check of LPI charting records should be made. It should be noted that a great deal of the land 'owned' by the Crown is held in the Torrens title system. For example, all Western Division Crown Leases have been converted to the Torrens system.
- the consent of the Crown Lands, District Officer (or other authorised person) should be added to the relevant panel on the plan. If the land is under the control of a different Crown Authority the heading of the approval on the plan should be amended accordingly.
- if affecting Crown Torrens Title, be signed by a delegate of the Minister for Lands - see Registered proprietors.
- the signatures of affected parties for any Torrens title land in private ownership (including Perpetual Leasehold) should be added to the plan.
- a draft title instruction CL45-11 form (PDF 407.2 KB) should be supplied with all Crown Folio Creation plans (except those for road closure these should be accompanied by a completed CL45-36 form (PDF 402.7 KB).
- all requirements for survey definition and plan preparation apply, and compiled plans should comply with the guidelines.
- if Torrens title, the certificate of title should be produced.
- the plan heading should accurately reflect the intention, e.g. Subdivision or Torrens Title issue etc.
- section 88B instruments creating easements can be lodged as part of a Crown plan.
Note Land held under Perpetual Leasehold cannot be consolidated with land held under fee simple.
Note Plans with a dual purpose (ie a combination of Subdivision and New Road over Crown title land or closure of an existing Crown road), will require the consent of Crown Lands to be endorsed on the Administration Sheet. In these instances the CL45-11 or CL45-31 documentation should make reference to - 'Part Lot....DP....'.
The heading is an integral part of the plan and notwithstanding the information entered in the 'Office Use Only' panel sets out the legal declaration of the plans purpose. Consequently, the heading must accurately relate to the purpose of the plan.
Example for road closure plans
PLAN OF ........BEING ROAD TO BE CLOSED UNDER THE ROADS ACT 1993
PLAN OF PART OF CROWN STREET TO BE CLOSED ............... etc
Example for folio issue plans
PLAN OF ................... FOR TORRENS TITLE CREATION
PLAN OF SUBDIVISION OF LOT... DP......... FOR CROWN FIRST TITLE ISSUE
Section 88B instruments
A section 88B instrument (PDF 28 KB) creating easements may be lodged as part of a Crown plan, where it intended to create the easement(s) on registration of the plan. Easements may be created on plans of:
- Road Opening or Closure (where Crown First Titles will be created)
- First Title Issue, or
- Any combination of the above, provided:
- the plan and instrument are signed. This includes plans lodged on behalf of a government authority or corporation that would not be normally required to sign their plans, and
- affected titles are produced.