The current lodgment fee for a Real Property Act dealing is assessed at the time of lodgment. Additional fees may be assessed at any time after lodgment and are payable before registration of the dealing.
Generally, an extra lodgment fee is payable for each additional notification entered on the Torrens Title Register, e.g. a Transfer Including Covenant will incur an additional lodgment fee for the entry of the covenant notification.
Current LPI fees
See current fees on LPI website.
No fee payable
Where no lodgment fee is payable for a dealing, the reason for fee exemption, e.g. the relevant legislation, must be clearly stated on the dealing or in a letter.
No lodgment fee is payable for a Real Property Act dealing involving:
- a vesting (s46C Real Property Act 1900) or transfer pursuant to:
- Schedule 2 (5) Associations Incorporation Act 2009
- s11 Burns Philp Trustee Company Limited Act 1990
- s46C Real Property Act 1900 in favour of The Uniting Church In Australia Property Trust (NSW) of Methodist Church property, see Application Q625474. Note A fee is payable for property of The Uniting Church (NSW) Trust Association (formerly the Methodist Trust Association) and the Uniting Church Council Of Mission Trust Association (formerly the Methodist Overseas-Mission trust Association) or
- s46C Real Property Act 1900 in favour of Westpac Banking Corporation from Westpac Savings Bank Limited or
- s21 University of New England Act 1993
- a transfer pursuant to:
- s10 Financial Corporations (Transfer of Assets and Liabilities) Act 1993
- s31 Freight Rail Corporation (Sale) Act 2001
- s40 Roads Act 1993
- s196(2) Roads Act 1993 or
- an Order of Court where the Order so directs.
Where the reason for exemption is not listed above refer to the Team Leader, Offline DRD2.
Plan annexed fee
A plan fee is payable for a plan annexed to a dealing where:
- the plan is referred to in the Land Description panel or operative clause of the dealing and
- the dealing is reliant on the plan for the description of affected land, premises, easement etc,
except for a plan:
- annexed to a Consolidation/Change Of By-laws form 15CH or
- used to describe or explain the contents of an agreement etc, but not used to describe the affected land, premises etc.
A single plan drawn on multiple sheets will attract one plan fee only.
Refund of fees
A request for refund of fees as regards a dealing must be directed to the Offline Team Leader, Document Registration Services, LPI.
Allowance of fees
Any request for an allowance of fees from an unregistered dealing to a substitute dealing lodged by the same party must be referred to the Team Leader, Personal Lodgment Registration Services, LPI or the Supervisor, Client Services Counter, Customer Services.
Staff processing information
- give the substitute dealing a new barcode label with the original dealing number
- note 'Substitute Instrument. Date ... Time ...' on the substitute dealing
- connect the substitute dealing to the case for the original dealing
- register the substitute dealing if otherwise in order and
- note 'Withdrawn. Substitute instrument lodged' on the original dealing if available and return to the lodging party.