Withdrawal of caveat
Form 08WX (PDF 100KB)
Dealing type - WX
Stamp duty - not required
Certificate of Title - not required
NOS form - not required
Standard form of Caveat - does not prevent registration.
An extra lodgment fee is payable for each additional caveat where more than one caveat by the same caveator is being withdrawn on the one form.
(A) The reference to title for the land affected by the caveat must be stated.
(B) The registered number of the dealing affected by the subject caveat must be stated. The reference to title for the land affected by the caveat must be stated.
(D) The full name of the caveator must be stated and must be identical to the name as shown on the Register. A caveat may be withdrawn as regards fewer than all of the caveators or registered proprietors of the estate or interest affected.
(E) The registered number of the caveat being withdrawn must be stated.
(F) The term that does not apply must be deleted and verified. The withdrawal must be absolute, except for affecting part of the land. Any qualifications or contingencies are not acceptable.
(G) The dealing must be executed by the caveator and be witnessed, or be executed on the caveator's behalf as follows:
|Attorney and witnessed||Solicitor or Barrister||Authorised Officer and witnessed||Licensed Conveyancer|
1 A caveat may be withdrawn by persons other than all of the caveators as named in the caveat in the following instances:
- by a surviving caveator where the caveators' estate or interest claimed was held as joint tenants. Evidence of the death of the caveator is required. The joint tenancy of the estate or interest claimed must be established, eg by production of the contract or other instrument upon which the claim is based
- by an executor, administrator or trustee of a deceased caveator where the probate etc is furnished
- by the Official Trustee in Bankruptcy or trustees in whom the estate or interest claimed has vested pursuant to the Bankruptcy Act 1966
- by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC) pursuant to s601AF Corporations Act 2001 (Commonwealth) in relation to a deregistered company
- on lodgment of a vesting Order pursuant to s74 Trustee Act 1925 (infant or mentally incapable caveator) or s75 Trustee Act 1925 (deceased caveator) or
- where a change of name of the caveator is supported by a statutory declaration.
See execution requirements for companies, witnesses etc. pages
Staff processing information
If in order proceed with registration.
Note Where a Withdrawal of Caveat form 08WX is lodged after the lodgment and before the completion of action for a Preparation of Lapsing Notice form 08LX, refer the case to the Senior Examining Officer after connection.
NOTFN BRT FORWARD select caveat to be removed
NOTFN TB REMOVED click arrow button to remove selected notification.
Withdrawal of a caveat affecting a dealing
PRIME CODE code of dealing affected by the caveat as shown on the Register
PRIME NO. number of dealing
SUB CODE code of caveat as shown on the Register
SUB NO. number of caveat.