Determination of title boundary
NOTE: All Statutory Declarations and evidence that are lodged in support of land dealings will be treated as publicly accessible and will be disclosed to persons upon request.
Form 14TB (PDF 600 KB)
Dealing Type - TB
Legislation - s135B Real Property Act 1900
Stamp duty - not required
Certificate of Title - not required
NOS form - not required
Standard form of Caveat - does not prevent registration.
Priority Notice noted on the Register - see Priority Notice page.
An application for determination of a title boundary may be lodged where:
- all of the parcels are Torrens Title
- one of the parcels is Torrens Title and the other parcel is Old System land or
- all of the parcels are Old System land.
Note Further fees as mentioned in the certification clause at Note (E) may be payable.
(A) The references to title for Torrens Title land and/or the registration number of the relevant deed for the land on either side of the relevant boundary must be stated.
If part only of the boundary is the subject of the application it must be described.
The names and addresses of the registered proprietors of the land on either side of the relevant boundary must be stated.
(C) The full name of the applicant must be stated. The applicant must be the registered proprietor of the land on one side of the boundary, or be:
- the purchaser under contract of sale of land on one side of the boundary but only if the current registered proprietor consents or the whole of the purchase price has been paid
- a public or local authority
- the head of a government department or
- a registered surveyor acting on behalf of the registered proprietor of land on one side of the boundary. The consent of the registered proprietor is required.
(D) All the evidence lodged in support of the application must be listed at Items 1 to 5 etc. The evidence must be suitably identified and attached to the application.
The statement by the applicant, mentioned in Item 1, must explain in detail the circumstances that have led to the application. If the applicant has seen an LPI Surveyor beforehand the written statement describing the particulars of the application may be dispensed with.
Copies of any Survey Reports or plans of subdivision mentioned in Items 2 or 3 etc must be furnished.
(E) The dealing must be executed by the applicant and be witnessed, or it may be executed on the applicant's behalf as follows:
|Attorney and witnessed||Solicitor or Barrister||Authorised Officer and witnessed||Licensed Conveyancer|
See execution requirements for companies, witnesses etc. pages
See Baalman And Wells, Land Titles Office Practice, Lawbook Co. 2001 [1.1180].
Staff processing information
Refer to SUR2.
Proceed with registration as directed.
Second Schedule of all affected titles:
PRIME CODE DB