Folios of the WAL Register
A computer folio, called a WAL folio, and the corresponding WAL certificate, may be created for a Water Access Licence at the direction of DPI Water.
Each WAL folio contains the following. Note The WAL certificate does not contain Part C Notations:
Water Access Licence, Water Management Act 2000.
Computer Folio Reference
The Water Access Licence number used to identify the particular licence folio of the WAL Register, e.g. 'WAL12345'. Note Do not insert a space between the word 'WAL' and the number for searching purposes.
Edition Number and Date
The WAL folio is given the next edition number on registration of a WAL dealing. The edition number of the WAL certificate lodged with a WAL dealing must be identical to the current edition number of the WAL folio.
Either Continuing (C), Specific Purpose (SP) or Supplementary (S). Note Mortgages and charges cannot be registered on Specific Purpose tenures.
Part A - Holder(s)
Names, tenancy and shares of the holders of the WAL. A 'Warning Note' indicates that the WAL does not have State guarantee as to ownership or security interests. Note The tenancy/shares of the holders relates to their holding in the licence and is distinct from the share component at Part D - Access Licence Details.
Part B - Encumbrances
Notifications affecting the WAL including:
- specific warnings as regards information contained or not contained in the WAL
- registered term transfers, mortgages, charges, caveats and related transactions etc; and
- specific requirements for Minister's consent etc.
Part C - Notations
Specific information related to the registration of WAL dealings and/or issue of the WAL certificate. Details of unregistered WAL dealings affecting the folio.
Part D - Access Licence Details
Specific information including:
- the Category of the WAL determined by DPI Water
- the Share Component of the water available from the stated water source within the stated water sharing plan. The share component is expressed in terms of units for a Continuing or Supplementary tenure WAL and in megalitres for a Specific Purpose tenure WAL
- the Extraction Component detailing the times/rates/circumstances for accessing water and the type of source and zone covered by the licence
- the Nominated Works approval number(s) of the pump, bore etc that must be used to extract water under the licence. The nominated works are the linkage between the WAL and the land where the water is used
- Conditions determined and held by DPI Water and
- Notes containing contact details for DPI Water, the reference number and the number of the entitlement, if applicable, held under the former Water Act 1912.